- Heart-related ailments: your cardiovascular system is not designed to be anxiety-and-worry proof. Anxiety and worry are frequently the culprits responsible for rapid heart rate, palpitations, high blood pressure and heart disease.
- Digestive system: also with a low anxiety/worry resistance rating. Loss of appetite, stomach aches, nausea and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) are common hitchhikers on anxiety-ridden lives. Also, IBS people are super susceptible to vomiting, diarrhea, and/or constipation.
- Immune system: with the body in the constant fight-or-flight stage because of the anxiety, the huge amounts of adrenaline and cortisol released to the body deplete the immune system's energy and open the body wide open to infection and sicknesses of all types.
- Appearance and fitness: anxiety and worry expedite the aging process, make a person look older than his or her years and interfere with weight loss and physical fitness. Also, the headaches, insomnia and muscle tension associated with anxiety rob a person of his/her ability to exercise and to stay in shape.
- Respiratory system: anxiety causes shortness of breath and triggers asthma.
- Central Nervous system: Look out! Anxiety sets off panic attacks, spontaneous feelings of extreme negativity, terror, and/or impending doom, Heaven forbid. Anxiety also raises the risk of a stroke.
Is anxiety worth it? Heck no! That's all well and good, but what can you do about it?
First of all, come hear my lecture in Manchester, UK on Nov. 9, 2019 (see poster below) or in Brooklyn on Monday, Nov. 18, 2019. After I get hope, G-d willing, I'll post a synopsis of the lecture. Meanwhile, listen to calming music, play your guitar or flute, enjoy a cup of herb tea or dry red wine (preferably from Israel) and talk to the Almighty.
The "Better Health Studios" of Brooklyn, one of the world's foremost "kosher" fitness studios for men, owned and operated by Certified Personal Trainer Joel ("Yoeli") Gottehrer, joins forces with "Brody Health and Wellness", owned and operated Rabbi Lazer Brody of Ashdod, Israel, one of the world's only rabbis who is a Certified Health Coach and Fitness Trainer with a truly holistic approach to health and wellness that addresses both body and soul.
In their mutual effort to heighten the awareness of exercise, proper diet and health maintenance – all in accordance with Halacha and with the hascamos of leading rabbonim, Yoeli and Rav Lazer are pleased to announce the "Fit After Fifty" one-day chance-of-a-lifetime seminar, which will take place, G-d willing, on Sunday, November 17, 2019 (19 Cheshvan, 5780), at the Better Heath Studios in Boro Park, between 12-3 PM. The program will include:
- The Obligation of Maintaining Fitness According to Torah
- The Principles of Proper Diet and Nutrition, including safe and healthy weight loss
- An overview of the different types of exercise
- Exercise and fitness for those with health limitations
- Functional Fitness
- Self Defense – a topic of growing importance in light of current events
- Exercise lab and a chance to work out on your own level under the guidance of a personal fitness trainer
- Questions and answers with Yoeli, the Better Health training staff and Rabbi Lazer
- Refreshments and Mincha at the conclusion of the seminar
Do not miss this unique opportunity, for participation is limited to 39 participants only on a first-come, first-serve basis. For registration and more information, call 718-5766060